The aim of this course is to increase awareness and knowledge on Children’s Wellbeing and Mental Health and to explore strategies that can be used within the classroom to support children’s readiness to learn.
Outline of the Course
- Understanding Wellbeing and Mental Health.
- Resilience – The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) Study – what does this mean for our children?
- Attachment and Infant Mental Health.
- Anxiety – understanding the impact of anxiety and practical strategies to use in the classroom.
- Mindfulness in the classroom.
- Self-Care for the Teacher
The course will use the School Self Evaluation framework to explore how learning gained can be used to develop next steps in the schools wellbeing strategy.
|Course Date||01-07-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||05-07-2019 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||20-05-2019 10:00 am|
|Location||Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership|