Participants on this course will:
- gain the knowledge and skills necessary to recognise and respond to the needs of students with learning difficulties both through in-class support and through withdrawal in one to one or small group situations. This will be determined by the needs of the children and the school
- engage in drawing up mock IELPs/IEPs/Behaviour Support Plans
- will experience a variety of diagnostic tests and what areas they are most suited to.
- will be equipped to develop and implement best practice approaches for literacy and numeracy difficulties
- will gain knowledge about whole school policies for L/S, EAL and assessment in line with the Literacy and Numeracy Strategy.
- will be enabled to use data to record scores for children and for the whole school in line with the Literacy and Numeracy strategy.
- will be equipped to support children with learning needs through the transition to secondary school process
- will be familiarised with resources to support children with behavioural difficulties.
|Course Date||19-08-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||23-08-2019 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||01-05-2019 1:00 pm|
|Location||Dublin West Education Centre|